Sunday, April 7, 2013

Schmupdate

Wasn't General Conference wonderful? I have been looking forward to this weekend for many weeks now, and it was everything I had hoped for. What a wonderful time we live in- we can listen to the voice of our Prophet, Apostles and General Authority leaders on television, on our computers, on our phones, and the radio. Really no excuse to not listen!! And how about Sister Dalton? She could teach the popular women of today a thing or two about class.

Rafe weighs 23 lbs as of his last doctors appointment (Friday). I am grateful for such a healthy, wonderful child. But I do wish he was a bit more chunky (because who doesn't want more to love?) so I made some cookies tonight & plan to give him one with every meal this week... just kidding. About giving him one every meal, at least. I did make beautiful cookies.
 

The sun is staying out longer which I am so grateful for. It was getting depressing there for a while. But now we have more time in the evening to play and blow bubbles and take dogs for walks! I am especially looking forward to summer hours at the petting zoo and the Tulip Festival, Rafe is old enough to actually walk around and explore!! (not to mention our Thanksgiving Point pass gets us in for freeeeee)

Lots of changes happening in life right now. It's an exciting time and I'm grateful for my family, friends and just a wonderfully hard but blessed life. I know who to thank for it.
 
I have now bought two new pairs of jeans in the past month, neither of which fit me. They are too big. The second pair was smaller than the first, and it still didn't work. Now, some might say, boo hoo Paige you're pants don't fit, cry me a river. Well. When you sink money into a pair of jeans and are foolish enough to take the tags off before trying them on, you really do feel like crying a river of stupid. Or maybe just a stream of stupid. But still. Blah.

My son is the bravest boy I know. He'll jump off of anything, run up to strange people and strange dogs, and stick his fingers in any electrical plug he finds.
He'll stick his hand in a lions mouth, too.
 

If that's not bravery, I don't know what is.

Oh, and I've been assigned to speak in church this coming Sunday, which unlike most people I am really looking forward to!! (and no, not because it'll be family getting up with Rafe every ten minutes and not me... but maybe)

Fan the flame, dear friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment