Sunday, April 14, 2013

I love Rafe.

I love Rafe.

I love the pattern he and I have getting home each day- he walks over to Bailey's (the outside dog) food bin, we walk over to her dish, then back to the food bin- all the while he points out where I'm supposed to be going, where I'm supposed to put the food. Then we go in and do the same for Phinn (inside dog). 

I love that he tells me he is ready for dinner by grabbing his bib and sitting himself in his chair- and insisting that he buckles himself in- "I do!!"

I love that when I say, "Bath time! Let's go downstairs!!" He immediately knows to open the door to the basement and slide down- but then once I've reached the bottom of the stairs as well, he grins and tries to run back up. It's a little game we play- he loves his bath, but likes to pretend like he won't go in it for a few minutes.

I love how unbelievably stubborn he is. The other night he was exhausted- almost falling asleep while I gave him his bed time bottle (he is getting a little old for this... but I can't help it, I love that last few minutes of quiet with him before bed) anyway- he was so tired, and I tried to help him out by holding his bottle for him.... he batted my hand away so fast and gripped his bottle himself so tight his little fingers turned white. He does things his own way- and in his own time.

I love how willing he is to give kisses- and how he knows the easiest way to get out of trouble is to lay a big wet one on me.

I love that he spends his time in the car taking off his shoes and socks... and then trying to put them back on. He does a pretty decent job with the socks- the shoes we'll need to work on :)

He is growing so fast- this time last year I was starting to draft ideas for his first birthday- now I'm doing so for his second!! He is the greatest blessing in my life.
I love Rafe.

I gave a talk today in church and want to share it on my blog- in General Conference, Neil L. Andersen said, "For those using the Internet and mobile phones, there are new ways to invite others to “come and see.” Let’s make sharing our faith online more a part of our daily life. LDS.org, Mormon.org, Facebook, Twitter—all provide opportunities." I added a new tab to the top of the blog, called Testimony. As I wrote the talk, I know I had the help of the Lord with every word.

No comments:

Post a Comment