Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A Picture Says A Thousand Words

But I didn't take any pictures!

Easter Sunday was lovely. Rafe and I attended Church, then packed up the Subaboo & headed up to Logan to have dinner with my grandparents! It is a perfectly lovely drive to make on your own, long enough to have some time alone to think & ponder (no I did not ignore my child, he fell asleep on me) but it's not so long that you feel doomed to wander in the wilderness for 40 years (cough cough... drive to St. George)

My grandparents live in a quiet little town that has a magnificent view of the mountains (I want to sing "Climb Every Mountain" every time I look at them) and they keep a little coop of chickens in the backyard. I can't actually remember a time when my grandparents didn't have a coop of chickens in the backyard! It was a really interesting experience roaming around their house with Rafe in tow... seeing all the toys I played with, or furniture pieces I used to climb all over... and there was my son, doing the same thing 5 years later!! (just kidding, more like 10...)

It's always a pleasing site to see someone love your child, and I really enjoyed watching my grandparents interact with Rafe that day!!

When we returned home and Rafe was in bed, I sat down and enjoyed watching Charlton Heston for the rest of the evening. Anyone else remember The Ten Commandments being on television every Easter Sunday, back in the day? Well I finally found the DVD, and for quite the bargain. 
It was divine.

Happy Easter!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds perfect! It makes me feel so happy for you that you get to see your son with your grandparents, and see him get to enjoy the same things you did. So sweet, it makes me wish I was still a kid.

    ReplyDelete