Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Bring It

It seems that every time I feel on top of the world, something happens to try and drag me right back down into despair. I'm thankful for the Book of Mormon, and so thankful for Nephi. I'm not even to the 20th chapter, and already I am overcome by the ups and downs he faced- his family at times embracing truth and light, and at others plotting to murder him. For my life, at times I feel I am getting along with all those around me, and peace fills my body, and then come the times where everything is overturned, hatred and malice are present, and I feel as though I am barely able to keep my head above water. 
"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life."

Sometimes I just want to sit down and have a good sob fest. But I just need to keep feasting and enduring. And if the devil wants to meddle, he best remember that I've always come out of trials stronger than before.
So bring it.

1 comment:

  1. I've said it before but I shall say it again. You are such a strong woman Paigey!! ... and sometimes sob fests are just the right medicine!! :)

    ReplyDelete