Friday, September 26, 2014

Oh, Canada

I had the lovely opportunity of traveling to Canada about a month ago. I left the baby boy behind for the first time like ever, took THREE whole planes back east, flew through a thunderstorm, spent waaaay to many hours running up and down the Southwest terminal in Midway, Chicago, performed baptisms for the dead in the beautiful Manhattan Temple, spilled mustard on myself in the middle of Times Square, found a fellow Mormon on the subway (she had her Doctrine & Covenants out for reading... so I pulled out my Book of Mormon and flashed her my CTR ring) spent evenings chatting away with my amazing grandmother, and made way too many references to the Swiffer commercials with Morty & Lee with my mom & grandpa... "I've been livin' in a fool's paradise!". Here are some photos, it is far too late at night for me to try and make them all centered in the middle of the page or what not (10:33.... you know us parents. party animals)

Just a little slice of heaven on the corner street.

Peggy's Cove


Old Family Home

The Dingle. Lots of Stairs. Ran to the top.

Weird sculpture in the Dingle.
Beautiful Church

Teacup. My Grandma is classy.

Tim Hortons... the best.

Considered making an offer on this home and moving here with Rafe...

Gorgeous Church

Walking the Boardwalk

Canadians like Harry Potter, too.

The library where I discovered my deep love for Nancy Drew... spent a whole vacation checking out those novels here.

Such a tiny plane.... I did not enjoy this one bit.

And I took a blanket that Bubba sleeps with along with me to Canada... I missed him lots.


No comments:

Post a Comment