I found myself at 9:30 PM (approximately 15 minutes ago) sitting alone in my living room, with Bailey (the dog) tooting like nothing I have ever experienced before, and watching Breaking Dawn Part 2.
I felt like I could hear Nancy Grace yelling at me (or really talking in the normal level of her voice)
"Have you lost your mind?"
I didn't have to put up with any of that- the tooting or the horrible acting going on in front of me!!!!
Unfortunately, back when I was crazy, I read all 4 Twilight books. I was Team Edward. Until book three- then I was Team Jacob. And then once Jacob imprinted, I was Team-
HOW DID I JUST WASTE THREE YEARS OF MY LIFE ON THIS!!!!
Unfortunately since I read the books I had this feeling I had to watch the movies. But that feeling ended tonight, around the point where Renesme was first shown and she was halfway a computer generation.
A computer generation.
Gah.
Fortunately! I had just spent the evening working on a wonderful recipe- which can be found here:
While waiting for it to bake I had red boxed that uncomfortable movie and was trying to pass the time till I could taste it! Despite the movie, the bread was well worth the wait :)
So here is my cute little pic-by-pic of the process
All the ingredients- The Diva-Dish used coconut sugar, but my pantry was out of that kind...
I also imagine she didn't use the tacky packages of applesauce...
And she probably had real maple. I'm slightly embarrassed by this.
"Wet" & "Dry" Ingredients
As if admitting to spending $1.28 to red box Breaking Dawn isn't embarrassing enough, the story behind this picture is a little silly.... Since I was a child, I have never- like ever- remembered to grease any pan that I have used to bake with. My family and I have had countless muffins & brownies without bottoms. Poor guys. Anyway. I placed the bread mixture into a pan and then remembered I hadn't greased it. Now, there was no specific instruction saying to grease the pan... but I decided it was probably because that is a no-brainer and I needed to be an adult and do the smart thing. So I emptied out the pan, and dirtied another one (and sprayed the pan beforehand).
So pretty in the oven!!
And VOILA! Yes that is a cheesy yellow hand towel that I set under the bread to try and make it look pretty.
I was up at 5:30 AM this morning.
It is late.
Give me a break.
Well the bread tastes great. And now I get to fall asleep with the smell of orange and cranberries on my hands- unlike Sunday night, where all I could smell was the aroma of my sons' dirty diapers...
he had 5 on Sunday.
I love being a Mom. I really, truly do.


That bread looks and sounds amazing... I'm jealous!
ReplyDelete