The first word in the title of this blog is the perfect word to describe this evening.
Snicker.
I found a blog that I really love. The girl is super cute, classy, and has linked me to some really great recipes. So tonight, I thought I would try out a snicker doodle cookie recipe of her own that she had posted, contact her & let her know I was using her recipe, and we would become instant blog friends for life.
Yeah. Not doing that anymore.
Why?
Remember. Snicker.
Sometimes my head gets really large. Like last 4th of July, my siblings and I went bowling. They each scored above 100, and I had like... a 85 or something like that. So at the end of the game we're wrapping it up, and I swaggered around to them and said:
"So... looks like I beat ya both!!"
*crickets chirping*
"Paige.... you lost...."
I had confused my bowling game with a golf game. Golf is the one you want a lower score in.
So tonight, I pulled out my ingredients, started snapping adorable pics of the baking process, trying to come up with cute little anecdotes to add with each caption. I played a little Guys & Dolls, measured the salt out in my hand and then threw it in the mix like they do in all the movies.
I should have seen then that I was being far too cocky.
Well. I'll just let the pictures show you.
All the lovely ingredients. The big flaw of the night happened in the first step, when I creamed together the sugar and "butter"- which by the way is just one of the most delightful things ever, it feels like magic once the sugar and butter really start connecting.
I like to pronounce this as "cream of tahr-tahr"
things got a little intense when I tried to open the can though... had to get a knife out to "lift" the darn seal... I should have just stopped right then.
Here is the batter all nice and prepared, a little cool to the touch because I had put it in the fridge just as the recipe had asked for... but something was just not quite right about this dough....
And here we come to the most important realization of the night.
Kids, there is a HUGE difference between the following two items:
One is yogurt. The other is butter.
And so the 'snickering' began. The dough wouldn't come together properly to make a cookie ball, and my poor heart crumpled at the realization that I had failed as a baker this night.
At the suggestion of a friend, the entire batter went onto the cookie sheet and
thus the Snicker Doodle Loaf was born.
The family said it tasted great...
We all know where liars go.
Just sayin'.
Good thing Mom had bought Girl Scout Cookies a few days ago.


No comments:
Post a Comment