So far, 2013 has been a lot of wonderful, a little bit of hurt, and a ton of learning. Rafe is growing up healthy and happy, learning lots, and surprising me with something new every day! He can open up doors, flush a toilet, brush his teeth like a pro, point out a cookie a mile away, fold his arms for prayer (when he wants to) and get into absolutely everything!
One morning we were running a bit behind to get Rafe to his nanny, and I had to run back into the house about 5 times before we left the driveway... and then, at the end of the neighborhood, I realized I had forgotten to include his bottle with his bag!
Now, as soon as I realized this, I became super frustrated- like, how could this morning get even worse? And while I turned the car around to head back for the bottle, I started to ponder. Rafe really loves having a bottle before nap time, and I hadn't remembered to bring the bottle today, most likely I would have forgotten the next day too. Was I really going to let this ruin our morning car ride with each other? Then I looked back at my smiling baby boy. Whenever something frustrates him, he cries or throws a tantrum for a bit- but after a few minutes, he's distracted by something else, and can be happy the rest of the day. I decided that instead of getting angry with myself for forgetting something, I should see it as a blessing that I remembered his bottle before it was too late. (Nanny texting me around nap time asking if the bottle was in his bag anywhere)
It is really easy to get frustrated, and let something small ruin your day. After waking up with Rafe early in the morning, getting him dressed, putting myself together for work, driving to the nanny, driving to work, being on a headset for 8 hours, getting off work, picking up Rafe, going home, dinner, bath, bottle.... It's easy to not even remember all the tender mercies that happened during the day! My goal this year is to look for the tender mercies. With Rafe, at work, with my family, and in my personal life.
I am so blessed to have the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I am blessed to have the love and support of a family, especially the love of my sweet son. We are hit with speed bumps all over the place, but as long as we keep our eyes forward, and endure- all will be well in the end.
paige
No comments:
Post a Comment