Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Act in Doctrine

Finished this gem recently:

I had started the first book in this collection of works by Elder Bednar- Increase In Learning- about a year ago. About half way through it I accidentally locked it in my work drawer and lost the key. So while waiting for that one to be freed, I requested this book for Christmas!

What I love about this book most is that it is fashioned as a sort of 'work booklet'. Large margins to write thoughts, questions and extra pages to record feelings regarding the material Elder Bednar is teaching. Any time I read a book it becomes a journey- and this one just makes it easier to record that journey!

A favorite excerpt- "Please notice... the important sequence of first acting in faith, before receiving a promised blessing. Interestingly, many of us routinely seek for preceisely the opposite; we pray and ask for the blessing so we can act in faith... Faith precedes the miracle, and "ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith" (Ether 12:6).

It was a lovely experience reading this book, and I highly recommend it!

Just a little review of dinner with Rafe last night....

I had already given the child a bath earlier that day, and decided I wouldn't be giving him a bath before bed.
That is what I thought of course, until I walked back into the kitchen after running to grab his sippy cup, and found this....
Yes. Peanut Butter. All.Over.His.Face.
and his hair.

So we ended up doing this
 Needless to say, I still smell like peanut butter 12 hours later.

love you, peanut- you're the cutest boy in plaid :)

No comments:

Post a Comment