This is what I wrote on January 1st about turning 25 this year:
"I'm going to be a quarter of a century old in just a few short months. I
really do love getting older. I don't like saying numbers out loud, but
I do love myself a lot more the older I get. A favorite line from a
song is, "I'm not afraid of anything, be it growing old or going out of
style." I really look forward to the day my hair is grey and I'm wearing
stretchy pants right under my chest with a plaid shirt tucked in and a
vest over the whole ensemble with slip-on shoes that could pass as
slippers and gold chunky jewelry that looks like it came out of a
dress-up box."
Because that's what grandma's look like to me, anyway.
I turned 25.
I think it was one of the better birthdays in my life, Rafe and I spent the day in Disneyland, I got a pin and random lovely strangers told me Happy Birthday. And I just, didn't have any drama going on. Which was really nice. Maybe after a year of being kicked in the butt each day, it's our time for a season of joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment