Monday, June 10, 2013

Fun Fun Fun


Zoro is on Netflix, a few favorite lines:
"what is lesson #3?" - "to get to lesson #4"
"forgive me father for I have sinned, it has been three days since my last confession" - "3 days.. how many sins could you have committed in three days?"
"he was young and vigorous.... he was very vigorous, father"

Rafe and I went to Seven Peaks on Saturday- I was so excited!! Rafe was dressed in a cute little swim suit and straw hat, I had his cute little bag & swim towel with his name sewed on it, we were going to have such an adventure!! We walked into the first little kiddie pool- and he clung to me like a leech. He didn't want to go anywhere in the pool without me right there next to him, he couldn't even walk in the pool on his own- he had to stand on my feet anywhere we walked, and had to sit in my lap, not just next to me, on my lap, in the shallow end. I have to admit, I cherish moments when Rafe is clingy- but this was Seven Peaks!! I wanted him out there splashing and having fun!! Alas it was not to be. We tried the wave pool for some time as well, but he was still hesitant. So we just have to go often this summer, to get him more comfortable!

As if Rafe's lack of enthusiasm for the water park wasn't enough, what happened next downright shocked me.... Rafe became 'pooped'. The sun, the pool, all of it must have been too much for my sweet son, and he was tuckered out!! He fell asleep on the car ride home, he went to bed 30 minutes early that night, and the next day- he was a zombie! He sat in my arms the entire Sacrament meeting- if you have ever been in the same Chapel as us during church, you know just how insane that is. The rest of the day he napped, didn't want anything to do with his toys or playing outside, and was the most content when he was snuggling in my arms- to say the least, I was in heaven. Who doesn't want a whole afternoon of snuggling and smooching Rafe Henry!! It was also nice to be able to sleep and nap a bit with him... What I thought was a cold a few weeks ago I believe is actually allergies. I've been a mouthbreather for so long, lost my voice once, and haven't been able to hear properly for a week. Needless to say having a slow day was certainly a tender mercy.

This morning Rafe woke up nice & happy- back to his perfect, active self! Now all I need is for the stove to work so tomato soup is a possibility. Comfort food always helps to get through runny noses and sore throats.

Hooray for summer!!

Do you think I should fill up soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment